Wednesday, March 17, 2021

New Podcast Episode (Finally)

After months of overwork I finally got on top of my life enough again to revive my podcast, Old Dad's Records. In case you are new to my blog, it's where I discuss an old song that's become musical wallpaper, an album from my stack of old records, and then new music I'm digging. The latter is to prove that I am not merely a sad old dad.

This episode, appropriately enough deals with the Rolling Stones, the ultimate dad rock band. I start with "Jumpin' Jack Flash," their statement of repurpose after time in the psychedelic wilderness. After that I consider Their Satanic Majesties Request and defend that time in the wilderness a little. After all that I give a recommendation for LA Witch's "Fire Starter," which has a hard riff groove worthy of Keef.

No comments: